Handmade, personalised wedding invitations
Customize your own wedding invitations and give them the final touch with stamps that suit your wedding theme. With just a few DIY touches your wedding invitations will get that special je ne sais quoi !
Friends of mine are going to get married by the sea shortly. It is only natural that the wedding invitations should have a nautical theme.
For this project, I used a pre-printed card as a base and embellished it further. The card itself had already been printed by an online service. However, the personal touch and nautical feel, which are so quick and easy to add, were still missing.
WHAT YOU NEED:
• A pre-printed card
• Natural coloured and blue coloured ribbons
• White card stock
• A small circular craft punch
• An anchor design mini stamp
• A blue ink pad
• Scissors, glue
THIS IS HOW IT IS DONE
Punch out a small circle from the white card stock using the craft punch and then add an anchor to the circle with the Woodies mini-stamp. Then stick the circle onto the pre-made card.
Cut the natural and blue coloured ribbons into shape and wind them around the card to create a pretty bow.
Incidentally, the wedding invitation should have the following printed information:
• Name of the wedding couple
• Date and time of the wedding
• Location and full address (wedding ceremony and reception)
• Any relevant information regarding wedding gift requests (e.g. cash gifts or a wish list held at a particular store)
• RSVP date and phone number/ postal address for replying
• Any information for overnight accommodation options
On that note, enjoy embellishing your wedding invitation!